Wednesday, May 12, 2010

BIke Armor

Took a shot at some product photography for a product called Bike Armor. It's fun yet challenging because the product is made to appear invisible. I tried to isolate the various parts of the bike, where the Bike Armor is applied, by centralizing the focus by blurring the the outer rim and adding a vignette. If was fun bouncing light every where in the white room that I used. It worked well to get as many reflections as I could. I used 2 SB-800 and 1 SB-900. The first SB-800 I blasted on the back wall to help with the white back drop and elimanate any shadows form the other lights. The second SB-800 I bounced off the closest wall, and the third light, my SB-900 I shot trough a collapsable diffusion reflector, (because I'm to cheap for a soft box). I moved this light around to light up the specific parts of the bike I wanted to feature. I used my cameras wireless feature to control the out puts of the 2 different groups of lights. Maybe it all worked, maybe it didn't, but it was kind of fun.


D700, f/7.1, 1/160 sec., 38mm, ISO 200, 3 strobes


D700, f/4, 1/125 sec., 95mm, ISO 200, 3 strobes


D700, f/2.8, 1/250 sec., 116mm, ISO 200, 3 strobes

2 comments:

  1. I totally think those worked! I love those pictures! Your entire paragraph describing the pictures (and the lighting) went right over my head. I have a lot to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Looks good. I like how you isolated the subjects that needed attention. Would have liked to see your strobe set up Mr. McNally. (haha) I hope Donny shares his millions w/ you. :)

    ReplyDelete