Tuesday, July 14, 2009

DOP and Polarizers

A bit of planning went into this picture. I experimented as I went and ended up with a few keepers.
Controlling Depth of Field can be hard but rewarding. Filters can be a hastle, but worth the extra effort.

I used a Polarizer and played with the DOP with these two shots. -0.67 f16 0.3 vs -0.67 f2.8 1/100


This is an example of without a Polarizing filter, and with a 2 stop curcular Polarizing Filter -0.67 f16 1/4 vs -0.67 f16 0.3



Here is an example of Extreme Depth of Field (DOF) f32 1/15 vs f3.5 1/1000




2 comments:

  1. And Proline is born! See I told you that dudes blog too. Bout friggin time! Thanks for the tutorial - Very Cool. You have a little more patience than I do, and it yields great results. The top pic should be printed and framed. Good job lil buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the site looks fabulous! I hope you got really excited when you saw you had another comment!

    ReplyDelete